Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Exhibited at car show

Since I finally had the car back on the street, I was searching for driving opportunities. The first longer trip had the Spitfire heading for Fredericia, where the car was to be exhibited at the stand of the Dansk Triumph Automobil Klub. Here it was placed in a quite motorsports themed display, with a TR5 and a Herald that both are to compete in the Danish Hillclimb Championship in 2006. There was also a Dolomite 1850 (quite rare in Denmark) and another Spitfire - these two cars between them presumably covers a lot more mileage than the three racers on aggregate. The drive down there was on a cold Saturday morning, and I kept the top up - and the earplugs in. This year I plan to put a lot of miles on the engine before the season starts. I want to run the engine in properly, before taking it to the rolling road for final tuning in. As I parked the car in the garage Sunday evening I had covered 200 kilometers, and the engine was running perfectly. Come to think about it: Those 200 kilometers are more than I covered all 2005.