Monday, April 10, 2006

Tough 2006-season ahead

Even when racing for fun you can have ambitions. Not least because of my terrible 2005-season I want to do my best in 2006 - and preferably repeat my super-result from 2004, where I won the division and came 3rd overall in the Danish championship. But since 2004 the grid has grown and cars have generally become faster - also in my division. It will therefore be a very difficult task - but also an exciting challenge, which I will attack as seriously as an amateur can. To illustrate the task I will write a series of short portraits of the sompetitors in the division of me and the Spitfire: A2 in the 65-class. As the name almost says, all cars in the 65-class are from 1965 or older, but there are 5 sub-groups within the class, called divisions. In each division competitors collect championship points within the division, and the winner of the championship can in principle come from every division - also from A2. As you will see from the coming portraits there are at least a couple of title candidates: To be continued...