Monday, April 28, 2008

English blog downsized

In 2006 I proclaimed that the English version of my blog would be revived, and that the content would be more or less the same as on my Danish version.

I absolutely love writing about my cars (and anything car related, in fact), but in order to do so must also have at least a vague connection to the real world of classic cars. A fair way to keep this connection alive and well is of course to drive the cars, get around the people in the scene and occasionally even doing some maintenance work. So now as my stable is 3.5 cars (besides the Spitfire there is a 2.5PI Mk1, a GT6 Mk2 and a halfpart ownership in a Scimitar SE5a) quite a lot of time has to be dedicated to the garage instead of the computer.

Well, I actually still spend a lot of time in front of the computer, and have been quite active with my writing - witness the almost 200 posts to my Danish blog since March 2007. My intention in 2006 was to get the English blog up to that frequency as well, but I've finally realized that this is just not possible - at least not if I should also be able to actually work on my cars.

Therefore the English blog will return to its initial coverage of my Spitfire and its doings. This means that the coverage will mostly consist of race reports, but as before there will also be some technical background and quite probably a lot of maintenance related posts. I hope this will be of more use than my good intentions solely.

One of the reason for spending a lot of time in the garage is visible behind this cylinder head: My new and hopefully much more powerful engine for later this season is still just a box full of parts