Sunday, April 23, 2006

Training at KTI

Saturday there was a training session at KTI in Roskilde. I'll wait with my first training until Padborg Park in a week, but I carefully observed the competitor list at KTI. Spotted a surprise, at it seems that division A2 will see a new competitor: Alfred Mindegaard apparantly drove a Mini Cooper in A2. On one hand that is a car I've always feared should join A2, because it could be a very fast car in the division. On the other hand more cars is always positive, and I find it refreshing that someone would prepare a Mini with the smaller engine - all others on the grid are 1275's. As there was no official timekeeping at the training it is not possible to make objective comparisons of lap times. I am very interested in seeing those Matra Bonnet Djet-times. The day was a great succes with around 50 competitors, old as new, which seems a good thing for the season. Unfortunately some competitors had rather severe problems with their newly prepared engines. This makes me somewhat anxious with regard to my own engine - I still have a trauma from 2005.